3 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound pork sausage, crumbled
½ pound kale, stems and ribs discarded,
leaved coarsely chopped
½ pound dried egg fettuccine
2/3 cup chicken broth
1 ounce finely grated Pecorino Romano
Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over
moderate heat.
Cook sausage breaking up any lumps until browned, 5 - 7
minutes.
Blanch kale in a 6-quart pot of boiling salted water.
Remove kale
with a large sieve and drain.
Return cooking water to a boil and cook pasta
until al dente.
Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water then drain the pasta.
While
the pasta cooks, add the kale to the sausage and sauté just until tender,
about 5 minutes.
Add broth, stirring and scraping any brown bits from the
bottom of the skillet.
Add pasta and ½ cup of the reserved cooking water to
the skillet, tossing until combined.
Stir in cheese.
Thin with additional
cooking water if necessary.
Serve immediately with additional grated cheese on
the side.
**from Gourmet Magazine
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Pages
January 10, 2016
Search This Blog
Powered by Blogger.
Popular posts
-
1 1/2 - 2 lb. Flank Steak 1/4 cup Soy Sauce 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil 3 tablespoons Honey 4 cloves Garlic, minced 3 Sca...
-
1 pound brussels sprouts 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced into slivers 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese Salt and pepper 3 tablespoons olive oil Pre...
-
2 pound pork tenderloin Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 3 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons butter 1 medium sized shallot,...
-
1 tablespoon melted butter 1/2 medium onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1/4 cup melted butter 1/4 cup flour 2 cups chicken stock ...
-
1 28-ounce can of whole peeled tomatoes, chopped 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 garllic clove, minced Salt and Pepper 2 tablespoons chopped fresh...
-
1-2 lbs. bone-in skin-on chicken breasts 8 cups water 3 chicken bouillon cubes 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon Nature...
-
4 Roma tomatoes, diced 1/4 cup white onion, diced 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced 1/2 lime, juiced, more to...
-
Sauce 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces, divided 2 Tbsp finely chopped yellow onion 2 garlic cloves, minc...
-
2 cans crescent roll dough 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 egg 1 egg white Glaze: 1/2 cup powdered ...
-
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes 2 Tbsp. Penzey's minced white onion 1/4 cup butter, divided 1 large carrot, chopp...
About Me
- Kathy
- I am creative * I am impatient * I am spiritual * I am obsessive * I am fidgety * I am competitive * I am stubborn * I am adventurous * I am discrete * I am intuitive * I am punctual * I am cynical * I am short * I am sad


0 comments:
Post a Comment